A home on the fediverse for indie game projects and studios.
- Go to the indiegames.online Mastodon instance
What’s this for?
indiegames.online is provided by Tentacle Head Games as an alternative to self hosting for indie game projects or studios who want a Mastodon/fediverse presence.
For personal accounts, there are a growing variety of options. Some of these instances may also be suitable for project or studio accounts.
Another good option – for studios that have the resources – is to self-host your own instance, where you have complete control over the instance policy and content, but not everyone is going to have the time, interest, or resources to do that.
If you haven’t found a suitable instance for your indie game project or studio, and aren’t interested in self-hosting at the moment, then indiegames.online might be for you!
Why should I join?
- Your account is for an indie game project or studio.
- You agree to follow the rules of indiegames.online.
- You are comfortable building (or bringing) your following from users on other servers.
- If you decide to switch instances later on, Mastodon supports transferring all of your followers as well. (Post history unfortunately does not come along)
Why shouldn’t I join?
- You want a personal account where you’re free to post about topics unrelated to the games industry. Users of this instance are expected to stay focused on the games industry.
- You want to join an community instance with an active Local timeline. This is not a community oriented instance. You will need to build up (or bring along) a following from users on other instances.
No matter which instance you join, you will be able to follow and interact with users on other instances across the fediverse.
It’s possible and expected that you will follow accounts on other instances, your account doesn’t need to be on the same instance as your audience. Even if you join a large instance with many users, it’s likely that many, if not most, of your followers will end up being from other servers.
Where else could I sign up?